When it comes to destination weddings, a Cabo San Lucas wedding just might take the cake! Famous for its pristine waters, insane sunsets, and totally chill vibes, this Mexican hotspot is perfect for any couple looking to tie the knot with a once-in-a-lifetime celebration.
If a Cabo wedding is what your heart’s been dreaming of, you’ve come to the right place! I’m here with my Cabo San Lucas destination wedding tips and tricks to ensure your special day is one to remember!
Is A Cabo San Lucas Wedding Right for You?
Getting married in Cabo San Lucas sounds like a dream come true for me, but that doesn’t mean it’s a dream come true for everyone. So, who should get married in Cabo?
If you and your partner are looking for a destination wedding with a beach aesthetic, you’ll find no better location than Cabo. But that’s not all! Cabo is an adventurer’s playground, with all-inclusive packages available for newly engaged couples looking to get married on a specific budget.
The city also has an endless supply of beautiful venues, not to mention activities and amenities for the wedding party and their guests to enjoy.
Most couples looking for a destination wedding do so with a smaller wedding in mind, which can help when it comes to sticking to a budget. But that doesn’t mean you have to skimp on luxury or wedding day customization!
Cabo San Lucas is rich in elegance and wedding day creativity, which means your beach wedding doesn’t have to look exactly like every other beach wedding out there.
Depending on the season, you can wed day or night in Cabo thanks to the incredible weather, and the environment offers sand, sun, water, and natural elements like sea-sculpted cliffs and arches for couples looking for something a bit more unique.
Best of all, Cabo can provide both the wedding AND the honeymoon in one setting! You and your guests can choose to make an extended trip out of your ceremony, and why wouldn’t you? Cabo truly is a little piece of beach-going heaven, after all.
So, who should get married in Cabo?
Basically, anyone looking to have an incredible wedding experience!!!
The Best Time Of Year To Get Married In Cabo San Lucas
Cabo may be one of the most popular wedding destinations in the world, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect all year round. In fact, Cabo is not only famous for its white, sandy beaches but it’s also known for its hurricane season.
You’ll want to avoid the stormy months when looking to plan your wedding, which means you should avoid August through October.
Late November through April is considered wedding season in Cabo, but the best month to get married in Cabo, according to experts, is either March or April. This is the city’s dry season, and weather during this time stays between 80°F to 84°F during the day. Temperatures drop to a pleasant 61°F to 67°F during the evenings, making for perfect sunset weddings!!!
However, if you’re planning to tie the knot in Cabo during the wedding season, it’s super important to plan ahead. Remember, you’re not the only couple looking to say your “I do’s” in this breathtaking location, so you’ll want to book your venue and all your vendors well in advance!
In fact, most experts say it’s best to begin planning your Cabo destination wedding at least a year out.
Here’s How To Pick The Perfect Cabo Wedding Venue For Your Big Day
Cabo’s landscape is epic and there’s no shortage of outdoor locations to choose from when it comes to getting married – especially if you want an outdoor ceremony on the beach!
But beach weddings aren’t for everyone, and there are plenty of gorgeous indoor venues you might want to consider as well.
Before you decide which location or venue would be right for you, it’s important to first create your wedding budget. Creating your budget in advance will help you narrow down what you can afford before you begin looking for venues, and it can be especially helpful if you’re looking at Cabo wedding packages.
If You Want To Wed Outdoors, Here Are Some of the Best Places to Get Married in Cabo San Lucas:
- Mar Del Cabo by Velas Resort
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
- Corazon Cabo Resort & Spa
- Paradisus Los Cabos
- Sandos Finisterra
Pro tip: Many of these venues are ideal for a small wedding in Cabo San Lucas, while others are great for larger capacities. Be sure to consider how many guests you’ll be hosting at your ceremony to help you decide which venue would be right for you.
If You’re Looking to Get Married Indoors, My Favorite Cabo Wedding Venues Include:
- Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos
- Paradisus Los Cabos
- Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos Resort, Villas & Golf
- Chileno Bay Resort
- ACRE Resort Los Cabos
More pro tips from yours truly: If you want both indoor and outdoor options for your big day, you can actually have the best of both worlds! Most of the Cabo San Lucas wedding venues above offer options for both indoor and outdoor weddings, with many of the best wedding venues in Cabo providing you with the option to have an indoor ceremony and an outdoor reception, or vice versa.
Best Photography Tips And Spots In Cabo San Lucas
Many Cabo wedding resorts feel like they’re designed for gorgeous photography. Cabo San Lucas is famous for its turquoise beaches, white sandy shorelines, and stunning cliff formations, all of which make for ideal backdrops for your wedding day photos!
There are still some tips and tricks you can follow to help ensure you have the best photo opp possible on your wedding day. Let’s start with some of my favorite spots to catch those killer pics!
Some of the best Cabo wedding photography spots include:
- Medano Beach
- Downtown Cabo
- Todos Santos
- Cerritos Beach
- Chileno Bay
- Mission del Cabo
- The Baja Desert
- The Arch of Cabo San Lucas
Pro tip from a Cabo wedding photographer: I’ve done my fair share of destination shoots, and I can tell you that Cabo has, HANDS DOWN, some of the most glorious sunsets I’ve ever seen!!! Take advantage of being in paradise by getting some killer shots under the setting sun. Whether you’re on the beach or in Downtown Cabo, you’ll want to catch a moment under those dying rays. It sounds cliche but trust me – you’ll be glad you did.
My Top Tips For Capturing The Best Cabo Wedding Photos
Being in front of the camera can be nerve-wracking, and you’re likely already going to be full of butterflies on your wedding day. Here are a few tips and tricks to help ease the nerves so you can capture the best pictures possible!
- First, have a ceremony at sunset!!! (Yes, I’m repeating myself. It’s THAT important!)
- Trust your photographer’s vision.
- Trust your photographer’s advice when it comes to locations.
- Have a welcome party dinner with all your guests from out of town and capture the moments on camera. You’ll be glad you did.
- PLEASE don’t use the resort photographer!!! Hire a destination photographer you trust and who has a style you love.
- Have fun with your partner! Don’t be afraid to let loose in front of the camera and show some emotion.
- Remember that the perfect wedding photos tend to hide in the imperfect moments throughout the day, so embrace them!
The Fine Print: What You Should Know About Tying The Knot In Cabo San Lucas
Are you wondering how to get married in Cabo San Lucas? Believe it or not, there are some legalities you’ll need to follow when getting married out of the country, and it’s important to consider these legalities before you plan your wedding day in Cabo.
- First, you need to obtain a marriage license and you will need to have:
- Your passport or driver’s license on hand
- A certified copy of your birth certificate.
- Your tourist card or visa.
- Information on your parents including ages, occupations, nationalities, and addresses.
- Blood test certificates (Blood work must be done IN MEXICO at least three days before the ceremony. Blood work tests for HIV, Rh Factor, and VDRI).
- Four witnesses must be present and have valid passports or driver’s licenses (witnesses cannot be parents. Witnesses must also be over 18).
- If widowed or divorced, you must have a widowed or divorced decree.
- You must be staying in Mexico before the wedding for at least 3 business days (as if you needed a reason to extend your trip!!!).
- It’s a good idea to prepare for some costs including:
- Legal ceremony and judge – $478
- Translator (if applicable) – $100
- Blood work and legal paperwork – $200
- Non-denominational minister (if applicable) – $400
Pro tip: Another option is to do the legal part before you head off to Cabo (which might be easier) and then have a bash with friends and family in gorgeous Cabo!
Other important Cabo San Lucas wedding planning tips:
- Plan your wedding at least a year in advance
- Consider hiring a destination wedding planner (wink wink)
- Consider hiring a destination photographer familiar with the area
- Have a budget and stick to it
- Arrange your transportation ahead of time
Are You Ready To Tie The Knot In Cabo San Lucas?
If a wedding in paradise sounds right up your alley, you’re not alone! Hundreds of couples take the leap and say their “I do’s” in Cabo San Lucas every year! But since this is such a coveted destination for adventurous couples looking to wed, it’s important to begin planning as far in advance as possible.
As a destination wedding photographer based in Vancouver, I can help guide you on the ins and outs of planning a wedding in Cabo. I can also help ensure you not only have the wedding of your dreams, but the best photographs of the experience so you can relive your special day for years to come.
Your dream wedding in paradise is closer than you think!!! Contact me to begin planning your destination wedding in Cabo today.