THIS QUOTE!!! THIS was how I was introduced to Daryl and Megan's love story while reading the information they filled out in my client form. The more I read the form, the better their love story became:
Megan loves any activity involving a boat, snowboarding, baking cookies, travelling, and painting. Daryl loves to play hockey, golf, and snowboard. They have been together since February 11 or 16, 2018, depending on which one of them you ask! Daryl and Megan met on a mountain AND had their first date on a mountain, and they have loved adventure-seeking together ever since.
Megan and Daryl NAILED their getting ready spot in two big ways: getting ready in a hotel, AND getting ready in a hotel with AMAZING natural light. Being in a hotel meant there was plenty of clutter-free space to shoot, and having huge windows meant Daryl and Megan were GLOWING in their shots. You can read all about my thoughts on getting ready photos here! It seems like Megan and Daryl already did!!
Moving on, Daryl and Megan modified their first look to be blindfolded personal vows so Daryl and Megan could share an intimate moment without Daryl being stunned into silence by his gorgeous bride. I get to third wheel the most meaningful moments as a photographer!!!
Daryl and Megan continued to their ceremony at Summerhill Pyramid Winery, an incredible wedding location in Kelowna that includes your ceremony spot, reception hall, endless portrait backgrounds, and organic wine ALL in the same place. Couples, do yourselves a favor and find a location where you can stay put for your whole wedding so you don't have to stress about moving around too much and keeping your schedule on your big day!
"Farm boy met sweet city girl and fell in love."
I'd also like to mention that Daryl and Megan NAILED it with their bridal party!! During portraits it was time to do my favorite bridal party prompt titled "the kiss and cheer" (see middle photo below). I asked the bridal party to cheer like they've been waiting for this moment their whole life, to which the Groomsman on the far right responds "Well, I have been waiting for this moment my whole life!" I was like WOW I love this group so much, I love my job so much, and I LOVE Daryl and Megan so much. I meet the most incredible people through this work!!
SO, after an incredible day spent with an amazing couple and their incredibly down-to-earth families, I decided I NEEDED to make a list to try to convince you to get married in Kelowna. I'd seriously move here in a heartbeat. Why get married in Kelowna?
1. Kelowna is fun in EVERY season. Whether it's wineries, water sports, and hiking in the warmer months, or skiing, snowshoeing, and cozying up in a cabin in the colder months, there is ALWAYS something to do in this beautiful city. If you get married here, you're going to want to make it more than a one night stay! Click here for a very detailed list of things to do in every season in Kelowna.
2. Kelowna has a ceremony and reception option to fit YOU as a couple, whether it's a classy hotel venue, a rustic winery or farm location, a dreamy lakeside event, or a mountain top moment! Think of a theme and Kelowna has it! Click here for a list of wedding venues in Kelowna and try not to find the endless options overwhelming!
3. Kelowna is an incredible spot to come back to visit every anniversary. If you get married somewhere local you will probably drive by it and reminisce about your wedding day once in a while, and if you do a destination wedding internationally you might go back a few times in your life for anniversaries. But with Kelowna it would be possible to come back here and remember the magic of your wedding day EVERY YEAR. It is not just a wedding destination, it is also a family friendly vacation spot that can become a special tradition year after year as you grow together in your marriage. How special is that?!
1. Wedding Planning by Kayla Knight of Day by Knight Events (Find them on Insta @daybyknightevents)
2. Make-up by Rachel Sylvester of Fresh Face Artistry (Find them on Insta @freshface.artistry)
3. Catering by Summerhill Pyramid Winery (Find them on Insta @summerhillwedding)
4. Florals by Laurence Rich at Fleurich Creations (Find them on Insta @fleurichcreations)
5. Ceremony Officiant was Geoff Stewart
6. Dress from Everly Bridal (Find them on Insta @everly_bridal)
7. Jewelry by Olive and Piper (Find them on Insta @oliveandpiper)
8. DJ by DJ John Byrne (Find him on Insta @djjohnbyrne)
9. Bridesmaid dresses from Azazie (Find them on Insta @azazieofficial)
10. Suit from Moores (Find them on Insta @mooresclothing)
11. Hair by House of Dennison (Find them on Insta @house.of.dennison)
12. Photography by ME!
In case there was any doubt that Kelowna is the perfect spot for your wedding, I made sure to try it out myself!! Megan and Daryl's wedding date just happened to be around my birthday so I turned it into a little birthday getaway to K-town and even rented a seadoo. It did not disappoint!!! So TRUST ME when I say that Kelowna is where it's at!!! Before you go, keep scrolling to see more stunning shots from this beautiful day in a beautiful Canadian location!